2.10+ beta App Release - 4/27/2020

We had an issue with the release on Android. We fix it. All Android users should be able to see the emergency button now.

Sorry for that little mishap.

5 Likes

thank you for the feedback, we will have to work on screen size. I guess our testing team have too big phones and we did not catch it.

Can you at least scroll the window up?

For the landscape view of the camera, we didn’t to have the emergency button there because it is jarring to have to alarm popping up in the portrait mode and want to make sure that it’s not overly present on every screen. We want you to feel safe, not remind you that something can go bad anytime.
Having said that I will bring the point to the UX designers and see if they have a recommendation.

@rbruceporter
I know that we have to make some validation to make sure that the device is enrolled in the service and assigned to a location. But it should not be 1 to 2 seconds. I’m wondering if this is not a sizing issue of the servers since people are testing the service almost all at the same time. If it is still happening, please let me know so I can ping the engineering team.

@superchi
the plan is to release what you re testing in about a week. It will be as a beta feature but will be fully active (think gmail for the first two years). Price has not been determined yet but I can almost guarantee that we will not be making it a paid option before August 2020.

4 Likes

It did for me.
Like you, I installed it yesterday and it didn’t show. I checked this morning and it’s there.

@Frederik By the way, it accepted and sent an SMS code to my Canadian phone number. It then accepted my fictitious US address.
I can foresee this leading to false alarms if they don’t get better verification in place during setup. Area code alone would be enough to restrict it to the US.

3 Likes

I cannot scroll to move the powered by noonlight. I can just barely hit the zero to disable to alarm. It is just awkward having it right there.

Everything else preformed well. Except I noticed that when I click on a notification from my notification bar it takes me to the app to show me the event but there is no emergency button.

However if I click out of it to go to the events page and then click on the same event it is there.

Hopefully this can get fixed!!

Thanks!

1 Like

What if in the Wyze Services Page where you can enable it you get to choose where the button appears. That way some people may want it everywhere where others may only want it in one place. This might be a good option that works for everyone? Just a thought.

Could you make the Emergency Button red? That’s a universal standard for such things.

4 Likes

I agree on that part!! I kind of blends in being that it’s black like everything else!

1 Like

What changed or improved with the band and scale UI?

Thank you not a problem. The emergency button is working today on Android. :+1:

1 Like

All very valuable feedback! Thank you! I will pass to the engineering team.

2 Likes

Thank you! I also tested this with a camera that has CMC enabled and it works perfect!!

As of this afternoon there is no longer a delay with the Emergency Button menu appearing. It paints as fast as the others now.

3 Likes

Same with me! It now appears as soon as I click on a notification.

3 Likes

I have provided the feedback to the UX team.
I get the standard but we absolutely want to make sure that we are not playing on fear. We want you to know that the option is here for you in the case where you need it but not be too present that it is a reminder that something bad can happen.

This question is not meant to be negative at all, I’m just curious.
Why would someone use the Wyze Emergency Button rather than simply calling 911?
This seems rather time consuming. Open the Wyze app, bring up a camera, tap the button, respond to a text…

1 Like

If one were hiding due to domestic violence or a shooter speaking verbally over 911 would be risky. Or if one were hearing impaired or had language skill issues.

2 Likes

I do not have a scale. But I have an alert that I can’t get rid of on the new beta.

@doug11 This worked for me. See my other post.

1 Like

I think it’s meant for you to use when you’re not where the camera is, but you see something that warrants an emergency response.

You could get a CO or Fire alarm alert, you could check in on an elderly person and see that they are in trouble, you can see a burglar in your house, you can see that your kids tied up the babysitter. Calling 911 from where you are wouldn’t help. You need to get to the emergency services where the camera is.

2 Likes

The goal I don’t believe is that you open the app to initiate this. I think the main point might be you get a notification so you open the app to check it out. In the video you see something suspicious so you hit the button rather than closing the app and dialing 911. You get and text and they send the Police. Also like @doug11 said if they was someone approaching your house while your home or someone is in your home you could open the app to dispatch police without calling 911. Because sometimes that can be risky. Also like @Scott56 said you need emergency services where the camera is not where you are at the current time. This seems like a much faster and easier way to get help in an emergency if something is happening at your house.

1 Like