14 day storage

I have a 12second clip that was caught on motion detection. Does storage of the time before, during and after get stored to the cloud and how do i access it if it does?

Hey Scroft1979,

Welcome to the forums!

Event recordings that use the free cloud-service are available up to 14 days after it was recorded unless saved locally to your device. If you do not save it and the 14 days are up, the clip will be deleted.

You are able to access clips on the Wyze app, under the “Events” tab.

Kenner

ok so my next question is i have a sd card in the camera and i have a adapter for the card to get it in my laptop. my assumption is all i need to do is take out the sd card, put it in the adapter and put it in my laptop and it will play. is tis correct. I am using a MacBook Pro.

Hey Scroft1979,

You need to set your camera’s recording settings to Continuous Recording or Event Only Recording. The timestamps of the files aren’t very accurate (they are accurate on the video itself), so I wouldn’t recommend taking out the SD card for the purposes of viewing because you are able to view the contents of the SD card by clicking “View Playback” on the camera’s live feed. There will be a timeline and anything that is green, means an event triggered it (motion, etc).

Kenner

1 Like

Here’s a WyzeCam YouTube video on how to use playback with an SD card. Hope this helps.

1 Like

What I would like to know is where is this cloud storage. I was told by Wyze that there are no servers to record these 12 sec clips.