10/11/2020 door sensors continue to disconnect?

Constantly resetting or unable to connect door sensors. Wyze seems to be adding allot of new products… but not listening to the constant needs to FIX or replace for customers the old problems. I have tried all online solutions and Wyze solutions… new batteries, disconnect, close to bridge, reset All Failed… i have fiber opic wifi speed 70 mbs and faster… my sensors are only four feet away and i remove them to be next to the bridge while attempting to connect. So WHAT WILL WYZE DO FOR ME A PAYING CUSTOMER!! not to blame me but fix this product…

4 Likes

So I have an issue with the sensor as well. I purchased the my 2 sensors when they were first released in a bundle. They have been installed and working then one would not connect & I determined the battery was low so I replaced the battery. After this, it still wouldn’t connect & after a lengthy back & forth, Wyse sent me a replacement. Now the second one has done EXACTLY the same thing! Battery went dead and will no longer connect. This time after a lengthy back & forth Wyse says out of warranty and will not replace it. So I’m not sure what is going on with this product, but I feel it should last more than one battery cycle. Both of the sensors were mounted indoors in a dry environment. It seems to me like the components within the sensor are unable to tolerate a low voltage situation that an aging battery presents and this caused the sensors to fail. I expressed my concerns to the Wyse representative…no go, just out of warranty done! So I agree, Wyse has evolved as a company. It seems they are more concerned with selling new products than trying to support & fix the(flawed) ones that they have already released. I used to be a cheerleader for the brand, but not so much. With the evolution of the company, they have also become deaf to their customers who are trying to improve their products and thus make the entire brand a better more reliable.

2 Likes

I would echo this sentiment. Seems they needed us when they were growing up. Now they have a fuller product line, so who needs the little people? What have you bought from us lately?

1 Like

Purchased the outdoor cam when initially offered. Set it up to try it out, but haven’t done much with it. Probably my last purchase. I was planning on adding a number of sensors to my home, but two out of two failures means ill be doing additional research…maybe ring or simply safe.

1 Like

I have had to unplug and plug back in my camera with my bridge 4 times a day since Friday when I upgraded my firmware. My wife is mad that I just ordered 2 thermostats and a doorbell camera. Honestly I am too.

1 Like

So there is a known issue where if you let the battery go to 0, the MAC address on the contact sensor gets set to all 0’s. You can tell you have the problem if you try and pair the sensor back and get the light blinking 5 times instead of the normal blinking pattern. They have added the battery warning into the app so that folks don’t let the batteries go to 0. I don’t know if Wyze openly acknowledges this issue but it is all over the forums, etc. I don’t believe the motion sensors have the same issue. Usually support will replace the sensors when they get to this state.
Recently they announced a Wyze Sense 2 line and my guess based on what i have seen, is that it will address some of these stability issues and also have a standalone bridge instead of one that plugs into the camera.

2 Likes

I gave up on my sensors and am just waiting for the new, better line up to come out and will get those. My motion sensor is rock solid, never had a single issue with it but the contact sensors are terrible. One battery died a while back before there was a low battery indicator and that one got bricked. The second one every day would go offline, till I rebooted the camera with the bridge. Also kept saying low battery even with new battery so I tried deleting and repairing and now it won’t pair at all. Just keeps saying ready to connect and then times out. So I gave up on them and will just get the new ones, hopefully in the near future.

So worse yet? You say this is a known issue that if the battery goes dead it bricks the device & Wyse hasn’t acknowledged a manufacturer defect & offered to replace it. When it happens and you contact them about it they say out of warranty. Just think if that were your phone, remote control or key fob, design flaws by manufacturer need to be acknowledged and remidied or has a negative impact on the brand’s reputation…as it did with me.

1 Like

Who said it “fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me”. What makes you think a new line will be better? After what I have been reading on the forum about this product, it speaks more to the integrity of the company & standing behind their product. Going forward, I will be using a different manufacturers product.

2 Likes

Read this thread - Forgotten Sensors (dead batteries) - #125 by bschatzow

Only reason I’m assuming the new line will be better is because they are adding the new home security monitoring soon and they were required to upgrade the sensors in order for them to qualify to be used. So if the new ones are certified to work well enough for a security monitoring service, I would hope they would actually work right or else there will be police being called all the time for false alarms.

I’ve had a good experience with pretty much all my Wyze products except for these sensors so that along with the cheap prices will keep me coming back to buy future products. If I was spending top dollar for these, I would have left a while ago as well.

The first few times they blamed the issue of sensors not updating to their cloud service provider, AFAIK their cloud service provider is one of the largest if not largest and no other issues were reported by other manufacturers running on the same IoT cloud. I have totally lost faith with Wyze and wont be buying any other products from them
FYI I have 4 products and reliability of every 1 out of 2 products is iffy

1. Wyze cam 2
  2. Wyze sensors
  3. WCO
  4. Wyze band
1 Like

I’ve double-checked and received confirmation that sensors that will not function after the battery is depleted and replaced should be getting replaced. May I please have the support ticket number in question so I can poke at the team about it?

We’re sorry for the trouble and understand the frustration and concern. I’ll share this feedback with the team.

2 Likes

Hi Gwendolyn,
Here is my ticket:[Wyze Ticket 765648]. This may seem a small issue, but the fact that wyze has not notified customers & replaced these(known) defective sensors is a huge let down to their loyal customers. What makes it worse for me is being forced to go through all the back & forth twice and then wyze denying to do a replacement for a defective product. Please, if the sensor you plan on sending has the same brick on low battery issue, don’t bother. If you have corrected the issue with a revised hardware/software go ahead and send it. I spent my first career as an engineer at a computer manufacturer & if their was one thing I learned was our customers forgave our mistakes when we had to make revisions to our products because we involved them in the process. They felt like part of the development team & each one of them made our products better throug their contributions…sounds like what wyze was trying to do in the beginning. As a brand, you really need to get in front of known issues with your products. You owe it to your customers(team) and to yourself.

3 Likes

Hi Gwendolyn,

My ticket number is 818761

I was denied replacement due to being past 1 year.

1 Like

Now another of my sensors went low battery. This was one wyze sent as a replacement a few months ago. I took out the battery, waited 20 seconds and installed a fresh new battery. Now the sensor still indicates battery low and won’t change state in the app when I close/open the door. So I tried to do a reset and add it again…same as the others that failed, it appears to be bricked. BTW, battery that said it was low measures 3.00volts with fluke dvm…junk product!!! I just wasted another chunk of time trying to get this one to work. I now have 3 out of 4 dead sensors. Why doesn’t wyze just tell the customers who bought them from them that they are defective? Very frustrating!

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I bought my V2 cam and sensors from amazon when I bought my first house. We live downtown and I was constantly paranoid about break-ins. Wyze sensors helped me sleep at night very peacefully. Then came the issues with cloud service provider and my sensors constantly started going off, I had to delete them often and reconnect them. One of my contact sensors went down and I was able to reconnect by restarting the cam the bridge was connected to for first few times. Even with the sensor showing normal battery i was later unable to add it back after removing it. Have contacted Wyze to see if I need a replacement or if it is a different issue. If I cant get a satisicfatory answer, I have a Ring gen2 security system waiting to replace my Wyze setup. Hope others here have been having better luck with their sensors.