1 out of 7 cams has flashing blue and amber light

I have 7 Wyze v2 cams. They seem to work well. However, I bought a couple for the ex, and one of them is now flashing amber and blue. I cannot get set it up no regardless of what I try. Does a manual firmware flash still fix this issue, or at least is that the next thing I should try?

I’d try a factory reset next:

1. If using an SD card with the camera, remove it before proceeding.
  2. Leave the unit plugged in and power on.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the unit for 10 seconds for Wyze Cam V2 and Wyze Cam Pan units and 20 seconds for Wyze Cam V1 units
  4. Allow at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize. In some rare instances, this process can take up to 5 minutes.
  5. The LED on the back should move from Solid Yellow to Blinking Yellow.
  6. The device is now ready to be setup once again.
2 Likes

I’ve done that a dozen times

Flashing yellow & blue means the camera is trying to connect to your network. If it persists, it can’t connect. Other than a factory reset, some things that might cause it to fail to connect are below. Unfortunately, since you already have 6 other cameras already up and running, I suspect you are good on all the items, and need to enter an official support request:

1. Improperly entered network name or password. The network name and password must be for your 2.4 GHz band. Password is case-sensitive, and you can see what you entered by pressing the closed eye and the end of the line. Your password can’t be entered with a space at the beginning and/or the end. Make sure your network name doesn’t include special characters (such as “ \ { } $ * ”).

2. Not WPA/WPA2 encryption. Make sure your network is set for a WPA/WPA2 encryption.

3. MAC filtering. Turn off MAC filtering if enabled. You should know if you engaged this unusual item on your router. You can reengage it after you connect and confirm the hardware address is as labeled on the camera mount.

4. No DHCP address available. A sufficient range of DHCP network addresses must be available (some people restrict this).

5. Bad Band steering implementation. If your 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz networks share the same name, you may want to try turning off the 5 GHz band long enough to see if that allows the camera to connect. Bad band steering implementations may not allow devices to connect to the 2.4 GHz band if the 5 GHz band is available.

If you are still having problems after the above, you may want to enter a support ticket:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like